Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Life in a multigenerational household

I went to do laundry. The washing machine was going so, my mom is doing some laundry. No big deal. I decide to peek inside the machine to see what she has going on. You know, just to see how big of a load is going into the dryer. Just to get a feel for what's happening in the laundry department. And so I open the lid. What I find is water and soap. Yep the machine is oscillating away but, there are no clothes.

Okay in this household you just can't rush to conclusions because my dad was an engineer. So, he could be conducting a test. You just never know. So I go to investigate and seek out my mom.

Mom-what do you mean there are no clothes in there?

Me-There are no clothes in there.

She opens the lid to the machine-where the Hell are the clothes?

Me-I don't know mom

Mom-well shit I think I started the water and meant to put something in there.

Me-Okay well how about we start over.

Like that was easy. You got to get the dial around so it's draining the machine.

Mom gave up trying to do any laundry that day.

I will confirm this...we are all wearing clean clothes despite user error.

But it was so surprising to lift that lid and see no clothes.

No comments:

Post a Comment