Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Disaster Preparedness

While on a walk this morning with amazing Amanda, we got to discussing disaster preparedness. I'm not sure exactly how to prepare for a disaster. When the "big" one comes we are all going to be basically up shit creek.

This so called preparedness is just another false sense of control. But, anywho I have my camp gear. Tent, tent shower and etc. It is stored in my garage and can be accessed fairly easily and is well protect in the event of a disaster. I just figure if I can't stay in my house, my ass will most likely be toast anyway. But, well I have a tent. Makes me all warm and fuzzy in a total lie of oh let the "big" one happen I've got my tent, I'll be fine, bring it, way.

No, I'm not stocked up on food and water. And I'm not going to stock up on those items. As I explained to Amanda, I live within easy walking distance of a 7-11. Yep. My disaster plan involves looting. But, then Amanda reminded me that I also live within walking distance of a Winchell's Donut shop. Yeah baby, I'm hitting up the donuts first. Big, one comes, I'm running to Winchell's' snagging all those donuts, then the Plow Boys grocery store and then the 7-11.

I have several shovels. I can have my son carry one and dig out dinner.

So, I'll have shelter, a tent shower and nearby foraging (looting).

Now I really do need to get a luggable loo.

2 comments:

  1. I'm not so sure my moniker fits, but thank you! Remember, it's not looting if you pay for your goods! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The moniker fits perfectly. Others would agree.

    ReplyDelete