Tuesday, January 31, 2012

OCD

It's official. I have OCD. Over Crafting Disorder (and I stole this from somewhere). I want to learn to sew and tried to find a sewing class but those seem to be rather full these days. AND well, I'm a self learner. I've taught myself to knit and crochet and I will teach myself to sew.

I've started this new learning adventure they way I started by fiber arts one, with a book that Bequi helped me pick out because books are inspiring. I love this book. The Book Of Bags 30 stylish projects for beautiful sewn bags by Cheryl Owen. Stunning pictures. And a new pair of scissors. And one pattern. And I'm still gathering toys because after the book purchases (I'm sure there will be more to come) I have to have all the toys.

So, now I'll read and then...dive in. Then watch lots of youtube videos and lastly.... curse profusely.

That's how it rolls but in the end....I will make a bag. Stay tune for pictures.

In the medical scene I decided to chill on the butt shot. Didn't call Dr. Barths. I've decided I'll go back on the 14th for the second monthly shot and then see Dr. B on the 17th and tell him all about it. Will see what he says.

AND I'm taking a class. God help my brain. Quickbooks Pro at the local community college. Seems employers want you to know this software and so....I'm going to go learn it. One night a week in an actual classroom, God help me. I'm going today to get the book. And a parking pass. Yikes, it's all scary in a stupid way. But, it's making me realize in a  rather disturbing blaring in my face way that my self confidence is rather......shot to hell. So, I need to do something about that. The class to show my brain it can still learn. The sewing to show it can still create. And I'm going to fit in volunteering at the Aquarium (as soon as I can see how my schedule is doing) to show it can still be productive.

Class starts tomorrow. Yeah I know it will all be fine but, it doesn't feel that way.

So I'll just follow this advice:






3 comments:

  1. That's a plate full for sure! If you were to take on each one of those all by itself it wouldn't feel so scary but all heaped onto one plate it's a mountain of mashed potatoes! Here's what I do with my full plate of stuff to do... one bite at a time. When I've got a ton of tasks to complete and I'm feeling overwhelmed and frozen in place I just pick one and focus on that for the moment, either until it's done or for a portion of time. I find that helps me to get unstuck and before I know it I've accomplished a lot!

    One more comment, learning to sew will be both checking to make sure you can still learn AND checking your creative flow. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How do you eat an elephant?

    One bite at a time!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was me, by the way, I forgot to sign my name.... Bequi. =D

    ReplyDelete