Thursday, September 22, 2011

Happy birthday to me and people like free!

It's my birthday. I'm 49 and trying to figure out how that happened.

Had a nice memorable birthday that started with walk on the beach with two dear friends. We came across a comorand...hold on while I check the spelling...make that cormorant bird on the beach with a hook stuck in it's beak and fishing line around his body. Poor thing. One of my friends was able to get a hold of the bird and we took it to the Wetlands Animal Care Center. Hope my birthday bird makes it.

Had a nice hearty breakfast with put hair on your chest coffee. Wowza that was crazy strong. I think I still have a buzz.

Got myself some birthday bling and gift. Will post pictures later. I need to take a pic of the one item still.

Family brought Chinese food for dinner and now I'm just stuffed. Poke me with a fork and call me done.

Only I'm not.

Another thing I discovered today is people love free. I mean LOVE. I put my furniture on free cycle this morning and in two minutes it was an email frenzy of I Want That!. Goodness. Been on the computer emailing pictures to people and trying to keep it straight who put dibs on what first. Crazy.

And productive. I think I have almost everything given away. The bulk of it should be picked up tomorrow.

It will be interesting to see if these people show and actually take this stuff. I'm still skeptical.

But hopeful.

I will report later on the results.

2 comments:

  1. You celebrated your birthday Hobbit style! By giving your stuff away to others. Happy birthday, glad I got to spend at least a small portion of the day with you. I'll be walking again tomorrow if you want to join me and I won't have to rush off anywhere afterwards. =)

    ReplyDelete