Friday, September 23, 2011

You Just Don't Know....

You just don't know what the day is going to bring.

Started this morning with a nice walk on the beach with friends. Then I headed over to the house for people to show up to take away stuff.

First woman to show up had wanted both twin beds. She decided to take only one. How she got that one in her car I don't know. She had a small SUV thing. She actually shoved that bed into the back over the back seats and then a couple of inches over the front seat head rests in order to shut the back door. I'm not kidding. How she drove...I guess with her head leaning forward. I think she lived close by.

Next up was the guy to get the large buffet table. This thing was huge. Dude had a dollie and a mini van with his mother in it and his BABY! Dude tipped that bad boy on end and got it on the dollie and tied it up with rope and shoved that thing into the back of the mini van with the BABY in the car seat watching with a look on her face like what the fuck? Yeah that's what I was thinking too. Impressive I tell you. One of the most impressive things I've ever seen! A buffet table measuring 70" x 19" x 31" shoved into a mini van! This piece was from 1968! Heavy.

And then the best for last of course. The third woman. She was a professional! She brought two, yes two trucks and a friend. She took so much stuff!!!! Not everything but man a lot. She just kept saying I'll take it. I'll take it. I opened the garage and told her all this stuff I was going to take to the Goodwill but...I'll take it and she did. All of it. Dang.

I've got more people coming tomorrow to hopefully take the last of the big stuff and then I'll be left with a few things that are going to the curb for large item pick up.

After the pick up frenzy I came home to update free cycle with the taken items and email others for things still up for grabs and in the middle of it all I get a call for a job interview. So on Monday I have an interview. This is at a bank. We will see how that goes.

And there you have it. You just don't know. Now days I wake up, open my eyes and say "hot damned I'm still here let's see what kinds of trouble I can get into today!"

Because you just don't know.

No comments:

Post a Comment