Friday, October 28, 2011

Put the Pictures Away

I need to call my internist to get a copy of the ultra sound report. I haven't heard from her so I'm sure everything is fine like I suspected. But, I would like a copy of the report.

In the house area, I'm looking for painters. I got a referral to one and he showed up today. He made my head swim. Flat, semi-gloss, gloss, washable flat, warm tones, neutral, texture, patching, priming, sealing blah blah blah I glazed over. Just paint the fucking place.

Dude was nice enough. Really. Nice guy and I'm sure he does good work. Will be getting a few more bids because I'm not sure my budget can handle his pricing but I'm also not sure I'll find something cheaper.

Anyway at some point in our chatting he tells me he was burned over a year ago. Burned as in caught on fire burned. Dude how did that happen? And he tells me he was messing with a buddies car and some gasoline got on his shirt and then the car backfired and poof he was on fire. It was bad.

He went out to his truck to write up the bid and came back with some pictures. He says don't want to freak you out but, here and he hands them to me.

Okay. Yeah they are of him and his burns. Bandaged up. Then unbandaged. Various states of healing. I think there were six pictures.

I'm really not sure what to make of this. Yeah dude was burned. It was bad. But, I don't think it's good to be walking/driving around with pictures.

Anyway I just hand him back the pictures and look at him and say I had breast cancer. I just finished treatment this past August. His eyes bug out. And I continue, sometimes life knocks you on your ass. You get up.

He doesn't say anything for a moment and then he says well you are still here. And I say yes I am and you are still here. It's good to still be here.

Maybe he can put the pictures away now. I hope so.

No comments:

Post a Comment