Sunday, December 11, 2011

Christmas anyone?

How did that happen? I am so not ready, physically, purchases, decorations or emotionally. I'd really like to postpone it to March. I think I could be ready by then.

But, the tree went up and some purchases have been made but, I'm just not in the mood to do....well anything. So I'm pushing myself. I think it's a touch of depression and I usually don't get it this time of year but, there it is.

But with the pushing I have engaged in some nice festivities. Visiting good friends and spending time just being.

Here is my latest creation from Color Me Mine. Reminder, my last one was my moon jar.

I am most ridiculously pleased with this:









There was nice time with a dear friend and some excellent Thai food that went along with this creation.

And most definitely have spring not winter on my mind!

Here is where I would traditionally launch into a rant about the holidays being an excuse for everyone to act like idiots, over indulging in food, spending and turning themselves inside out to measure up to some false pretense set forth by Hallmark and other bogus entities of our consumer driven society.

This year I'll spare you and look on the flip side. It does bring out a giving spirit. People do spend time together even it's forced and try to get along and....sorry nope I just can't do it. There is a part of the holidays I really really like and I can see it but it seems as the years go by it's harder and harder to see for all the crap that seems to get piled on top and that crap just seems to get deeper and deeper.

I am giving gifts. I put up a tree. I am going on the Huntington Beach Harbor Cruise which I have never done and I have lived in Huntington Beach since I was 3. Also I want to cruise around this year in the car and view the lights. I will be spending time with friends and am looking forward to that as well as family...yeah I'm looking forward to that too.

So, I'm not a complete humbug.

Merry Christmas
Happy Yule
Good Tidings
Winter Soltice
And all the others....

Love to you all

No comments:

Post a Comment