Sunday, April 22, 2012

The Good, The Bad and...

The ugly. That was how this past week went. So...let's see, yes let's start with the good.

Went camping last weekend with friends to Caspers. Have you been to Caspers off the Ortega Highway? I highly recommend it. It was glorious. Yes we had some mutiny on our hands because we drove all the way down there in the pouring down rain. It looked bleak folks. Yes it did. But, we were determined to at least give it a try. We had a beautiful site. I can recommend site number 27. I want to camp there again next time. It was covered with two huge trees which had kept the ground from getting...well, too muddy. It was barely sprinkling when we got there so the tent went up and our gear went in and then...down pour! Perfect timing. And the down pour lasted just enough time. Time to enjoy being in "weather" without getting miserable. Well, except I really needed to pee and the sound of the pouring rain didn't help.

The next day was beautiful. In the morning we walked up to the visitors center and watch a nice video about the park, had some hot coffee and enjoyed the look-out tower viewing thinging whatever you want to call it.




And we found out they were having a free event that day. Adventure day. We got a free tractor pulled hayride up to the event. There was live hootenanny music and all. Nice booths from various organizations. Got some free passes to the OC Zoo. Didn't even know we had a OC zoo. AND I won a Galileo thermometer in the raffle!

We took a short hike the next day on the closed trail. Yes it was closed but we went anyway. Through the 350 year old oak tree grove. Yes it is magical.




And that was the good. Nice way to celebrate a friend's birthday I must say.

1 comment:

  1. You started out saying it was an ugly week then you focused on the pretty, I like that, but I have to say that now I'm intrigued. =)

    I do hope that this week is proceeding in a lovelier fashion for you.

    ~Bequi

    ReplyDelete