Friday, April 1, 2011

Happy Anniversay!

Today marks my one year anniversary of my diagnosis of breast cancer.

And to mark this memorable day I'm going to test out my memory of the last year and attempt a re-cap

April 1, 2010-diagnosed with breast cancer to follow was:
1 Mammogram
2 Ultra sounds
2 needle biopsies
2 MRIs
1 PET scan
4 rounds of chemo
12 days of steroids (3 for each chemo round)
1 hospital stay
1 ER visit
1 iron infusion
1 surgery
36 Rads of radiation
1 diagnosis of HER2 positive
2 MUGA Scans
1 CAT scan
11 (out of 18) Herceptin infusions
5 Lupron shots
61 Femara pills ingested
1 break out of the shingles
? Doctors visits
1 lost job
0 lost friends
Lots of fabulous hats

And the cost of a year of cancer? I don't know but I'm going to add it up soon and post.

It has been quite the ride and it isn't over yet. And it does change you. I find I'm picker about how and where I spend my time. Who I spend it with and what I'm doing. I'm also more compassionate. Find myself less judgemental.

And it's difficult to put into words but somehow I'm at peace with myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment