Saturday, July 3, 2010

Snow Globes and Doctor

It's unclear who created the first snow globe, but they first appeared in the 1889 Paris Exposition, or World's Fair. It became a favorite souvenir and spread immediately across Europe. It's believed that they came from the concept of paperweights.

When you think about snow globes, they represent life. Yep. There's a nice little scene inside that watery environment. Sitting there all calm and peaceful. But, to see the snow fly you pick up that globe and shake the hell out of it. Let the chaos fly. Eventually it all settles down again. Until the next urge to shake it strikes. Now here's the question, are you living on the outside of the globe or the inside? There have been times in my life where I felt like I was on the outside of the globe. In control of when things got shook up and times like right now when I'm in the inside getting all shook up!

Saw my internist on Friday. We talked a lot and then she did energy work. Jing-Qi-Shen it's called. Very powerful I tell you. I ordered a book on it. It was good visit and I plan on getting more treatments as I go on here.

2 comments:

  1. I am so happy that you are getting energy work, I was wondering when you were going to begin incorporating it.
    Inside or outside the globe? Don't know. Been thinking on that since I read your post. I make decisions about my life, I choose. But there are other factors at play in the very essence of existence. And other humans making their decisions. And then the other question of does it matter whether you are outside or inside? continues to politely interrupt. Don't know, don't know....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea we don't know. I was preoccupied and forgetting about getting treatments. I had lots of people sending me Reiki and doing some self energy work but, going and getting in treatment form is different. I'm going to go before surgery too. And after.

    ReplyDelete