Friday, November 5, 2010

Doctor, Doctor



Doctor Doctor give me the news...

I think I have breast cancer.
No, a little lower, a little lower, here let me show you...

Saw my oncologist today and no he doesn't look like Elvis. We are going to do the lupron. He put in the order they will get approval from my insurance and then one of the nurses will be calling me to come in when it's ready and get my shot in the ass. Sounds like it will be sometime next week.

He is keeping me on the valtrex. Anti viral meds longer since I told him that I was getting relief from the pain when I take it. He wants me on it for another three weeks. Since I have no side effects from taking the valtrex and it helps I'm glad to have it actually.

Let's see. So I dropped my pants so he could see the shingles on my thigh. I mooned him so he could see the one spot I have on my butt. They are drying up. He said they looked good. The shingles I don't think he was commenting on my legs or my butt. And then I flashed him as he wanted to look at the girls. Said things looked good. Now you know why I had to post the video. No he didn't kiss my forehead. He did hug me.

So now for the really important news. My tumor markers are doing great. What? Tumor markers are levels of stuff (because I'm not really sure what they are) in your blood. They test these levels when you are diagnosed. And then they test them during treatment and track what they do. If they go sky high, it indicates the cancer is back.

Now why can't they use these markers for diagnosis? Because they are different for everyone. Example there are three markers that Dr. Barth is using to track me and one of them shows 0 and has shown 0 for the whole time. So it never did show anything abnormal. And in fact all the markers have been in so called "normal" levels from diagnosis until now. So they don't always show high. And they are different for each person. So the best they can do is track what your markers do and if they start climbing then we know something is going on.

So far everything is good.

So on valtrex for the shingles for another three weeks. Lupron sometime next week. The lupron will be a one month injection to see how I do. Then I will see Dr. Barth in 4 weeks to see how the shingles and lupron is going.

In the meant time I'm going to Vegas! in two weeks!

2 comments:

  1. Is the lupron for the shingles or cancer? Hope it all goes well. :) Hope to see you at the park on Monday, if you are up to it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lupron not for shingles. For cancer indirectly. It is to put me into menopause so I can take an aromatise inhibitor which will stop/block estrogen signaling to my cancer since it was estrogen receptor positive.

    The aromatise only works if you are in menopause.

    ReplyDelete