Friday, November 26, 2010

I really don't know life at all



Do we ever figure it out?

I've come to the conclusion that there is nothing to figure out.

Life is not about figuring it out and doing it right.

It is just about experiencing it. And the figuring out part is an illusion that is foist upon us from the moment we are small children and adults asks us what do we want to be when we grow up. I guess we are suppose to have it figured out as a small child and just wait to get big enough to do it.

What inspired this? Well a small conversation I had today while my family celebrated Thanksgiving on the non Hallmark dictated date.

I'm talking about my bout with shingles with my cousin's ex. And he is talking to me about his gout. And then, he looks at me and says remember when we would all talk about what night club to go to? And now here we are talking about shingles and gout.

With any luck I hope someday to be talking to him about hearing aides and walkers.

Life changes, morphs. It's organic. There is no figuring it out.

Just experience it.

No comments:

Post a Comment