Monday, November 29, 2010

Dr. Barth

Visit with Dr. Barth went well today. Nothing new really. All my blood work looks good. My tumor markers are all good (blood markers that they measure to see if the cancer is coming back). No side effects from Lupron, yet. Shingles are gone and no residual pain. He was happy about that. He seems to have settled down about the Lupron and didn't talk about surgery today.

Looks like I won't have to have a MUGA in December. New guidelines came out in July that they only need to be done every 6 months. He is going to check with my insurance. But, that would put it off until March. And since my MUGA in September looked great with my heart function being on the high end of normal, there really isn't any reason to have one before then. I'll be cheesed if my insurance insists on one.

He wants to see me in 6 weeks unless I'm having problems with the Lupron. I told him if I started setting things on fire, I would be in to see him sooner.

No comments:

Post a Comment