Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Blog update

See what happens when you don't have internet connection for a couple of days? You're blogging goes to hell.

Well let me get caught up.

Saw Dr. Barth on the 17th. He is very pleased with me. Has taken surgery off the table since I'm doing so well on the Lupron and says I can just stay on that until I go through menopause naturally. Which my ovaries will do. How will we know? Well, take me off the Lupron see what the estrogen does. Simple really. Much simpler than surgery. And since my estrogen was down to a whopping 13(normal ranges are 300 to 400) I was able to go on Femara. That little pill will keep my body from making any estrogen and will keep any possible escapee cancer's from making their own as well.

So far I seem to be tolerating the Femara well. Although the well meaning (not) nurse at the day hospital tried to throw a wrench into the works. I went to get my Lupron shot on the first day I started the Femara. The day nurse asked if I was on any new meds. Yes. She says "oh I had breast cancer and I was on Femara. THAT FEMARA!" and she makes a face. "Good luck with that. I went off after three months". Well, that's helpful. I looked at her and said NO. NO. I am going to be just fine. And she says well let me tell you. And I say oh really please don't because I really don't need any suggestions. Well, she says you need to know. And off to races she goes listing all the side effects. I was so close to sticking my fingers in my ears and going lalalala. I swear next time I am because as the forces that be would have it, I woke up the next morning with all the symptoms.

Son Of A BITCH.

By afternoon I was raving raging mad about it. And then. It stopped. Yep. Went away that night. I've been fine since. Sticking my tongue out and blowing a razzberry.

Had the Herceptin infusion yesterday. Two poker day. And it was the elbow that failed and the wrist gushed like a giser. Go figure. Nurse who did the failed poke said well, it's not working. I'm getting someone else. And then she just yells I need help! Okay. Interesting. So another nurse, who has cannulated me before comes running over. She takes and look and says okay and off she goes to get her stuff. So I look at the nurse who had the failed poke. I know her well. She has poked me more than anyone else. And I say what you are giving up after one poke? She says oh I can't, I can't do more than one poke. I said Rachel are you that shook up? She says no, no I'm not shook up I've always been this way. I just can't poke people more than once. Okay. Not shook up. Yeah. Let's not rock people's reality here she has to do this everyday. Second nurse comes and gets it in the wrist no problem. Chris announces she's in, man it's everywhere. Yeah it made a mess I guess. I don't look.

That was number 8 down and next month we will be half way through. Hard to believe.

I'm walking everyday Monday through Friday and have been able to keep that schedule up except for yesterday. I walk for an hour with my good friend and some days friends. Clock a good 3.25 miles.

Got my yard whipped into shape. Am most pleased. Planted a plum, avocado and asian pear. Semi dwarfs. Put out some hummingbird feeders today. Looks nice.

Still working on the computer room conversion. I think I'll try to tackle more of that tomorrow.

Yes. Things are well. And at times it feels like I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop but, rather than go there, I'm just grateful.

It was a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment