Sunday, January 16, 2011

Thank You Face Book

I'm sandwiched between two generations. My son and my dad. Both are on Face Book. And what this has created is an interesting situation where I am now answering questions from two generations separate from my own.

Now being a parent you expect to have those uncomfortable questions asked. But, now that my dad is on Face Book I'm getting uncomfortable questions asked from him. And I find I'm just answering them the same way I do with my son. Straight up.

So I get an email from my dad

RE: what is?

What is a tranny?

My response:

That would be slang for transvestite or a transmission for a car. What are you looking at?

Dad's response:

It was on that news feed thing on Face Book. Some guy wrote it. He seemed to come out of no where.

Just like with my son, I'm glad my dad is coming to me with these questions rather than going to some unreliable source and getting some twisted answer. Glad we have the kind of relationship where he feels he can come to me with these questions.

Thank You Face Book.

2 comments:

  1. I think it's really cool that you and your dad have that kind of relationship. I cannot picture my mom coming to me for information or advice. And that's funny since our day-to-day lives are so intertwined.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's funny that I don't think anything about it until someone says they don't have that with their parents. It's just normal to me. Whatever the heck normal is!

    But, yes the communication is two way.

    ReplyDelete