Saturday, January 1, 2011

It was Loud and Obnoxious and Involved Cops

No longer Boat Boy Bryan with Y now Bryan with a Y has now become Brainless Bryan with a Y.

Brainless Bryan with a Y's party last night truly surpassed my expectations. DJ had a beheameth of a PA system. At one point my house was shaking. I swear.

The party started off at 7pm a hour earlier than what it said on the invite. AND it started with Rick Springfield's I Wish I Had Jessie's Girl. Oh my aching ears. Could it get worse? Well, follow that by hours of unidentifiable by me rap type dance songs. Thump thump thump thump no melody and can't make out the lyrics which in hind sight was probably a good thing. And we are talking hours here. The DJ must have been a friend and stoned because he never did take a break. Not once. The whole night. At 1am I was done and called the cops. Lesson learned on New Year's Eve call the cops an hour before you want the obnoxious to end. So at 2:15 blessed silence. At 2:45 it started up again. Only now they are playing country western music. Maybe that was holding the noise down? I admit it wasn't shaking the house but, it was still loud! Called the cops back and they shut the party down. Was finally able to go to sleep at 3am.

Highlights of the evening:

Multi colored flashing lights swirling colors on the side of the house
Strobe light
Fog machine
Ginormous PA system
Rick Springfield I Wish I Had Jessie's Girl
Michael Jackson's Billy Jean
Theme song from Dirty Dancing
Jimmy Buffett If You Like Pina Coladas

DJ's anouncement of "It's five minutes 'til midnight" piercing through my house

Chris running down the hall way to sarcastically yell Oh MY God! Did you hear? It's FIVE minutes to midnight.

DJ's anouncement of "It's one minute 'til midnight" piercing through my house

DJ's anouncement of 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, ONE

Chris running down the hallway to yell "Their clock is WRONG they actually have another minute!"

My personal opinion of the evenings epic fail No playing of Auld Lang Syne.

After count down just back to thump thump thump thump thump.

Well, I can say we did "ring" in the New Year around here last night.

And Brainless Bryan with a Y better not become a neighbor I have to wish that zombies would eat.

Happy New Year!

Thump thump thump thump thump thump.....

No comments:

Post a Comment