Friday, January 14, 2011

It's been a week?

Good grief I haven't blogged in a week and I know that could cause worry for some. Here I am and everything is okay. Just been a busy week. I have started a walking program and am walking daily in the park with my friends. Very nice. And good for me.

I am also getting rid of the hording in my house. Started with the computer room which we don't use as a computer room anymore. With laptops we never sit in there. So I'm claiming the room. Claiming it as mine. I want to set up a sewing area although I don't know how to sew really. So, I guess there will be lessons in my future. I want to get a shelving storage unit from Ikea to store my arts and farts stuff. Not sure what else I will do but, the wallpaper boarder is coming down and I am narrowing down paint colors. Yes, I want to paint it. Looking at soft greens. Sea foam green, I guess you would call it.

The week has also been filled with those stupid chores. You know those pesky things you have to get done and somehow they take up so much time. Why is that? Examples: oil change, grocery store, Lowes picked out fruit trees, laundry, cleaning blah blah blah.

Yeah those things. We need to get them done but they do seem to suck up time. And since they do take up time, I try to embrace these things. It's a matter of perspective I suppose. So, for instant when I get my oil change rather than be bitter about the fact it needs to be done, I try to look at it as a way to honor my car. Yes. My car. The thing that gets me to the places I WANT to go.

When I clean the house, I give thanks to it. Thanks for the sanctuary, peace and safe keeping it provides me. So I clean it as a way of honoring the house and thanking it for what it provides me.

Maybe that makes me a weirdo but, it makes me a less bitter weirdo.

I before E except after C and apparently in weirdo.

2 comments:

  1. Ohhhhh, I love the honoring the things that give you what you need/want!! And the walks in the park, I like those too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving the walks in the park too.

    ReplyDelete