Sunday, February 20, 2011

Fearing Iodine?

Well, I've got my CAT scan scheduled for the 8th of March. Same day as my herceptin and the CAT will be done at my oncologist. Nice thing is that they will set up my IV and run the herceptin and then leave the IV in so it can be used to inject the contrasting dye when I have my CAT.

Daisy who set up the appointment asked me if I was allergic to iodine. So I'm assuming that's the contrast they are going to use. Well, I'm not allergic as far as I know. But, darn it I'm not sure if they have used iodine on me yet or not.

I have had a ton of scans done but I'm not sure if any of them used iodine. I have either had iodine used or not. I guess I'm going to find out if I'm allergic to iodine. But, it is a rather scary way to find out. Can they test you for this ahead of time?

Now I'm off to do research.

Crap something else to worry about.

No comments:

Post a Comment