Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Geriatric Profiling

I was profiled today. Yes I was. At Disneyland. Well, it was California Adventure to be precise.

The profiling took place on the Toy Story ride. For those unfamiliar with this ride there are stairs you have to climb and descend upon exiting the ride. I hopped on the ride with my dad without incident or any problems. Then a ride attendant looks at me and says "Do you have any problems with stairs?" "EXCUSE ME!" I say rather annoyed. Should have been a huge hint at the kid. But, no. "Do you have any problems with stairs?" The kid was probably thinking I was hard of hearing too. "NO!" and off the ride goes. I look over at my dad. "Do I look that decrepit!" My dad says "no I do, and I'm sure he was talking to me." Well, sorry dad but, the kid was LOOKING and TALKING to ME.

I'm sure it was the gray hair. My dad is bald and was wearing a hat. Me. Gray hair right out there.

I was profiled as a geriatric, unable to climb stairs, hard of hearing, crotchied old woman by a chubby ride attendant kid at California adventure because of my hair color and outrage.

Damn but, I am not ready to be looked at as old. Certainly I don't think I look like someone who can't climb a damned set of fucking stairs!

I took being bald and wearing hats as to not scare the children. I took having uber short hair. I took having gray hair. But, I just can't take being someone who looks like they can't climb stairs!

I think I might be visiting my very good friend Miss Clairol. Blondest blond #12G.

Bite me.

No comments:

Post a Comment