Sunday, February 27, 2011

What is a high school reunion?

It's a reminder I could have lived without!

It appears I have been out of high school for 30 years. I would have blissfully been totally unaware of this fact except some do-gooder tracked me down and emailed me an invitation to the bloody thing. Which in itself is a bit disturbing.

I can't remember anyone from high school. I'm not sure what you even do at these things. I'm guessing get wasted and tell a bunch of lies about how fabulous your life has been.

Oh I'm sure there are people who attend their high school reunions and have a great time. Reminiscing and re-connected and come away with some nice memories of how great it was to see so and so again after all this time and to know they are doing so well. Yeah. Wasted and telling a bunch of lies.

Call my cynical but, I just can't see this event being much beyond that.

And I'm sure there are people who have kept in contact with friends from high school. Well, you are in contact with these people you don't need a reunion.

I just don't get it.

So some woman is organizing the thing. Can't remember her. And I went to the link to RSVP just to see what it was all about. About 500 people have been tracked down. And out of those 2 have said they are attending. The woman organizing it and one other person.

I'll be curious to see how many people decide to drag themselves to this gig. If it just turns out to be the organizer and one other person, they could just go to dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment