Sunday, March 27, 2011

Food Fears

Okay I know in a past post I ranted about how I was not going to become afraid of my food just because of cancer. I know I ranted that it is not rational and just gives people a sense of control when we have none over so much in our lives.

I know this. And then my oncologist told me to avoid foods that will raise my insulin because of the type of cancer I had. So I went on a low GI diet. And now I have taken that even further and eat minimally processed organic whole foods. As much as possible. And yes those of you who know me, know I have ranted about the organic thing being bogus.

Time to eat more than organic. Time to eat my words. There is a difference. The organic food. Taste better. It does damn it. And you can really tell when you have been eating the clean stuff for a while and then something unorganic slips by you.

Your taste buds stand up and shout what the fuck was that?

I've been drinking Dutch Brothers coffee on Sundays. It toots 100% chemical free. Not sure on the organic side. But, this Sunday morning I decided since I was running low on the Dutch Brothers to go ahead and brew the french roast coffee from Target. I've had this coffee not too long ago. I poured myself a cup and though whoa what's that Windex smell? Where is that coming from? Sweet baby Jesus. It was the coffee. Strong coffee smell with a strong shot of chemical. Yuk. Out it went. I didn't even taste it.

So the chemical free, organic makes a difference. In my body, I don't know. But, my taste buds are now ruined for any chemically treated stuff.

It just tastes bad.

And I'm not afraid of my food.

Just very selective.

Thank heavens for the Whole Foods that opened by my house.

2 comments:

  1. Yes it is popular. I just don't bother to try and find anything close.

    ReplyDelete