Thursday, March 24, 2011

Sometimes....

Life just sucks ass!!!



Was suppose to see Jake Shimishimi (I can't spell his name) he is great. I love Jake. For about a youtube clip's worth. Then I'm done.

But the Ukulele Orchestra of Great Britain. I've been wanting to see them since I found them on youtube!! They inspired the name of my blog for God's sake!

And they were suppose to play tonight. And at the last minute I found out they weren't.

I went to the Orange County Performing Art Center website to verify which venue we were going to and I notice there was Jake. Jake all over the place but no mention of the ukulele orchestra. Uh oh. And yes my fears were confirmed. The ukulele orchestra's website states that their funding fell through. How I have to wonder. The show was sold out. Anyway major bumming.

And well, I like Jake but, if he had been playing alone from the start I wouldn't have bought the tickets.

So I called to get credit. I just wanted credit to see something else.

Lord. What a headache. Nasty people. I talked to three people until finally one of them took my name a number and said a representative from the philharmonic would call me. Don't ask I have no idea. And he did call. And told me that I need to call the day ahead to get a credit or refund. Well, gee I said if I had known I needed to call to do a head count and make sure all the performers I was PAYING to see was showing up I would have. It's not like this was on the 6 o'clock news. I just found out! Look, if you sold tickets to Simon and Garfunkel and Garfunkel didn't show you would give a refund. Don't give me this crap you know how this works. I was willing to go with a credit but, now you are giving me a refund. I live locally. I have choices of venues. You guys call me all the time to solicit tickets and you can just take me off you calling list or give me a refund.

He gave me a full refund.

I hate going menopausal on people. I really do. But, dang it. When you tell someone, here is the problem and it's legit and here's how you can fix it, just fix it damn it. Don't give me crap.

So I'm watching Ukulele Orchestra of Great Britain youtube clips tonight.

And it sucks ass.

2 comments:

  1. What? Going menopausal on some dork who so richly deserves it? I mean, the guy is human with his own hopes and fears. Check. But he is also using his measly position of power to attempt to intimidate you into an unfair solution. And for that, I say gett'im!

    Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I hear you. I just hate having to go to that bitchy place. But, after hey here is my problem, this is why it's a problem and oh hey here is how you can fix it so it's all good and THEN I get crap well, to the bitching we go.

    ReplyDelete