Thursday, July 14, 2011

Chucking Crap

And so in my last post made about 2 seconds ago I divulged that I was moving in with my parents. This hasn't taken place yet but is in the process starting with chucking crap.

I have moved several times in my life time. But this time is different because I'm not just having to put everything I own in a box and move it. I'm chucking. Just how do you get rid of everything? And it's not that I have to but, there is only so much room at my parents and honestly most of this stuff I have I don't want anymore. I need some clothes, shoes and my hobby supplies and that's about it. I'm going to see just how compact I can make it.

I have made failed attempts in the past to get rid of crap but this time the emotional baggage just isn't there. The stuff I want I really want. No way is this going. And the stuff I don't want poof in the bag it goes. No wavering. No oh, no I can't...so and so gave that to me, I can't get rid of that, oh I'll put it over here and look at it later. Nope just chuck-o-roo!

Painful? Not really. Freeing like weight coming off really.

And I have a 4 step plan.

Step 1. Go through each room and chuck all the stuff I don't want

Step 2. Pack all the stuff I'm keeping

Step 3. Call 1-800 Got Junk and have all the big stuff hauled away.

Step 4. Move the stuff I'm keeping to my parents.

I started with my bedroom figuring that would be the most emotional room as it contains the most of my personal stuff. But, I have a feeling the hardest is actually going to be my son's room. Although I know he is going to say "get rid of it all". I'm going to tackle that one next as I'm almost done with mine.

And so I'm off and chucking.

No comments:

Post a Comment