Thursday, July 7, 2011

It's official

3 more to go.

I saw Dr. Barth today. I have 3 more herceptin infusions left and then I'm done. My how time flies when you are having fun. And even when you are not.

August 23rd will be officially my last one! Yay!

In other happy news, I'm doing great. Dr. Barth is most pleased with me. Tumor markers are all good. I will see him next around the 1st of September and will be going to a every three month schedule with blood draws every three months. I will also be getting CT scan, MRI, bone density, probably one more MUGA although he didn't bring it up, they usually want one after we stop treatment. Those will be done between September and December. Then CT scans annually after that with me seeing him every 3 months. Year 3 every 4 months and then it will go to every 6 months up to year 10 and then annually I guess until he retires.

Anyway as Dr. Barth put it "we will be joined at the hip quite some time".

2 comments:

  1. Go Pam! Great news. How long are you on the Lupron again?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will be on the Lupron until I am through menopause. So it's a bit of a mystery. Basically at some point I will come off the Lupron and we will check my estrogen levels and see if I need to remain on it or not.

    ReplyDelete