Saturday, July 23, 2011

There is life after cancer

And I'm hoping for one after the trauma of chucking!

Here are the latest chucking finds:




This is a cell phone. A very old cell phone. I think it is the first one we ever had. I found the power cord too. Plugged it in. Holy crap the current date popped up. AND it worked. Well, I called my home number and it rang and then Verizon came on the line and a recording told me there was a problem with my connection and I had to call Verizon. Impressive.

Next up (because there has to be more than one find):



Isn't he cute. Remember these? My dad wants to keep him. Sigh. So he is getting packed. Not chucked. He works too.

And lastly, for now, because who knows what I'll find tomorrow:



And this one is the winner. The granddaddy of hoarding items I tell you. I naming this one the craziness of hoarding award supreme. What was I thinking?

Okay so here we go. This was a wedding gift. That would be 1989. It was given to me by friends of my parents. Sweet really. What is it? A juicer. A cut the oranges or lemons or limes in half and push them down on the electric spinning cone shaped thing and viola! fresh squeezed OJ!.

How many times did I use this juicer since 1989? None.

How many times did I take it out of the box? None.

How many times did I pack it and move it? Twice.

How many times did the gift giver ask me how was the juicer? None.

why, Why, WHY! (go watch the Nancy Kerrigan video below) Because it was a gift. And that's what you do. You haul it with you for all eternity although that is impossible. I know the gift givers would not have wanted me to be saddled with this gift forever. And so it has moved on.

I also have a set of pots and pans that my auntie (my dad's sister) gave me when I got married. I use those. Still use them to this day and they still look brand new. I'm keeping those. Because I use them.

But, if you have something in a box and you only remember you have it when you go to move, it's time to pass that along.

Hi, my name is Pam and I'm a recovering hoarder.

No comments:

Post a Comment