Friday, September 24, 2010

The diet and the blister

After research I decided to do a low glycemic load diet. The goal is to keep the blood sugar level so no spikes in insulin. For me it has meant two major things in my diet. No white bread. There goes my white toast in the morning BUT I have replaced in with whole grain bread which is OK. And the biggie. NO desserts. Crap. Finding substitutes. Fruit.

Now blister. I have developed a blister on my incision. This was a spot that was slow to heal. The blister is about the size of a flattened pea. I am putting honey on it and it is starting to form a scab. Looks like it is trying to heal.

The herceptin is giving my hay fever symptoms. Infusion was on Tuesday and the symptoms started Wednesday night. Yesterday was the worse and I also felt like I was trying to get a cold. I wasn't, feeling like you are trying to get a cold is a symptom of herceptin. Today feeling better, still have hay fever symptoms but they are not as bad and benadryl helps.

Tomorrow is another day AND it's Saturday.

Hee Haw! They leave you alone on the weekends!

No comments:

Post a Comment