Sunday, September 12, 2010

Gentle Compassion

I have gotten the luxury of experiencing gentle compassion. Because I have cancer. Because I could die from it. People talk to me with a gentle compassion. What does that mean? It's not that they guard their words, although some of that happens, I can see it. It's the energy. It's the energy they project while talking to me. It's not pity or maybe it is a form of that. There is a feeling of oh I'm glad it's not me behind it sometimes. But mostly it's a compassionate energy. An attempt at comforting behind it.

And here is the reality. We should all interact with each other with this energy and intention, because we are all going to die. And when we spend time in each others presence, it should be done with the feeling that this, this time spent together is precious, it's not limitless and won't happen again. Then someone will say something to irate the hell out of you and all you want to do is slap them up the side of the head and out the window goes all those intentions and you're glad the time has a limit.

OK well, we should at least make the attempt!

No comments:

Post a Comment