Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Life's Challenges



One of the biggest challenges you are going to have to face in your life is how to fold a fitted sheet.

Okay I'll just let you sit with that one until you stop laughing hysterically. IF ONLY LADY!

Now for the really pathetic part? It appealed to me. Yes the ability to fold fitted sheets into a nice square. The anal retentive side of me that just re-organized the linen closet recently. So recently that when I open the closet I gasp. What happened! Oh yeah I cleaned it out. I want square folded fitted sheets in my linen closet.

So I embarked on learning this technique. AND FAILED. This bitch is doing slight of hand tricks that she is not sharing. Like those people who give you a recipes and then tell you they can't tell you the "secrete" ingredient so it won't be quite as good as theirs. Those bastards whose goal it is to make others feel inferior. I salute you with both my middle fingers.

So I went and found the following:



This one I can do. And now I can have square folded fitted sheets in my re-organized linen closet without the frustration.

2 comments:

  1. Back when I was 22 and a HOT MESS, I lived in a little apartment in Long Beach above a garage. I was a terrible neighbor, trying to stay quiet, but with rowdy friends and we all had plenty of unspoken anger that caused us to be anti-social.

    There was an older really sweet man living in the other unit. I would put laundry in the communal drier and then leave it too long, and he would fold it for me. Once I asked him how he could possibly get the fitted sheets flat. I thought it was a miracle, I thought he was a wizard. He showed me.

    Really he was a wizard because he treated me like I mattered instead of like the irritating jerk of a neighbor that I was at the time.

    Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Because he was old enough to remember what it was like to be 22. And maybe he had someone treat him like he mattered. And it is nice to have those memories based on something so simple and seemingly unimportant but, here it is years later and you still remember him showing you how to fold a fitted sheet and feeling like you mattered. Now, that, making someone who should be driving you crazy feel like they matter as a human is one of life's challenges.

    ReplyDelete