Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Appetite

I have an appetite. I woke up this morning hungry. Now this usually doesn't happen until Friday morning. My daddy made me my crepes, which is the first thing of any substance that I feel like eating when my appetite returns and they were yummy.

Bowels are still rumbling around but nothing out of control. Just don't trust not being near the toilet. Mostly its gas. Guts are just gassy and its escapes through the attic and the basement.

Friday I go for my second and last iron infusion. Another IV. I'm just not in the mood. A poke I could handle. But those IV are not the same thing as a poke. Iron has to be delivered by IV although it takes a minute. I know, but they got to make sure it goes into a vein. The only way to do that is by IV. For those who are curious, you set up an IV, the needle is in the vein and you can make sure by checking for good blood return. Now if you want to impress someone who is setting an IV when they are done ask, are you getting good blood return? Oh that impresses the hell out of someone who has set up your IV and it let's them know you know how the heck an IV works. Ok so how to check for blood return? What does that mean? The needle is hooked to a tube and blood should return up that tube. If not, its not in the vein or if its really slow, then it doesn't have "good" return. So next time (and I hope there is not one for anyone) you have to have an IV, through out "are you getting good blood return?" and make someone's day.

Pushing water. Need to be good and hydrated. More importantly I need to be good and hydrated for Friday. Makes getting the IV in easier.

Off to find something to eat and I need to take a walk.

1 comment:

  1. Appetite back? Hooray! Remember, this iron will set you up for life! Yes, water. I've done the dehydrated IV thing and it's no fun at all. Poke poke poke poke poke! And you certainly do not need any extra pokes!

    ReplyDelete