Monday, June 21, 2010

Dr. Appt. Today

Saw Nicole today. My physician's assistant. It went well. She felt my tumor and was very surprised by how well it had responded. Wow, this has responded amazingly well and we still have one more round to go she said. I told her I could tell it had responded but, wasn't quite sure what I was feeling. She said what they couldn't tell by feeling was how much dead stuff was in there. Anyway she was very encouraged by what she felt. She is arranging to have my MRI scheduled and follow up appointment with Dr. Barth to go over the results then we will go from there. Otherwise she was please with how I'm doing.

She did bring up that I went to the ER this last time and wanted to know what happened. I said well, we were trying to avoid going into constipation so we tried something else. She said and it back fired. I said well yes it didn't work. And she said why did you change from what you did the time before. I hesitated and said well, Dr. Barth wanted me to try not to go into constipation at all and that sounded like a good idea to me. She said oh so it's Dr. Barth's fault. I said shhhh don't tell him. She said are you kidding I would only tell him that if I was standing behind you! So we agreed back to Metamucil and Cheerios for me. Which I started today.

Head update. It didn't break out this time. I got a couple of zits maybe three. But, not the flare up I had before. Nicole feels I won't flare up this time either and was happy by the way its healing. It is looking better.

Count the good stuff, tumor is responding and everyone is surprised by how much, head is healing and I'm feeling good to start number 4.

Let's hope its the last one. If not at least it will be only two more.

2 comments:

  1. I vote for this week to be the last one (as if it's a democratic process)! So glad your head did better this time - I had meant to ask how the Hibiclens was going. Happy solstice - good news during solstice is, well, good! Thinking about you, always.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the Hibiclens is helping. Or at least I feel better using it. Physicians Assistant said I could continue to use it as long as its not drying it out too much. So far its not doing that. But, I do use baby shampoo right after I rinse the Hibiclens off.

    I vote for this to be the last one too!

    Happy solstice!

    ReplyDelete