Sunday, June 13, 2010

My Head

Aside from folliculitis, I have enjoyed my baldness. I truly have. No bad hair days. Am able to get ready in five minutes and have fabulous hats to wear. Plus it has made applying make up a whole new experience. Applying make up when you have no hair is cool. You just have your whole face and huge eyes to play with.

So I'm enjoying my baldness but, my head? My head is another story. When my beautiful Bequi lovingly buzzed my head I was left with a dark buzz of hair. Then most of that fell out before round two. Even more after round two. And now, well now I'm pretty much bald but, not completely. What is left is not a lot, very light in color and various lengths. Some of my "hair" is probably an 1/8 of an inch and other but less is maybe 1/2 inch at most. But you can see my whole scalp. So its a bald head with fuzzy sparse hair bits and dark spots all over it where the folliculitis was.

So I'm looking at my head the other night and burst out, my God my head looks like the head of someone in a movie who is about 112 and dying. You know they always have a bald head with liver spots all over it and sparse hair sticking up. They are laying on the death bed and whisper come closer, come closer and they whisper something but no one can ever hear them and we never know what it is they say. Why? Why do give the 112 year old dying person a chemo head?

Ok so at first my mom was horrified at my outburst and told me not to say that but, then well, she got to laughing pretty hard.

So, I'm not happy with my head and I want to razor shave it and ditch the 112 year old dying person head. But, I don't want to risk another break out so I'm not doing it.

I have decided that when this is over and my hair starts to grow back in, I'm keeping it buzzed until I have a thick covering on my head and then I'll let it grow out. Hopefully that will help it grow out even in length and thickness. I don't want my hair to look like its falling out when its growing back in!

3 comments:

  1. I am so happy you're going to keep it short short for a while!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you're embracing the freedom of no hair. When my mother underwent chemo, we had several wacky moments indeed. One day, when we returned from a shopping trip, she was hot and removed her wig but left on her hoop earrings. I couldn't help it, I asked her to do a few lines from "the King and I." Yep, wacky mayhem :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm thinking I'm going to be keeping short short for a long time. I have lost the need to mess with hair. And dang I look good without it!

    You have to embrace those moments when going through these things because there is a lot of wacky mayhem indeed!

    ReplyDelete