Saturday, June 12, 2010

Wussies

A friend emailed me today and she got me thinking. So I have to give credit for the inspiration of my post today to J. Thank you and hugs.

Cancer like so many other things in life is just one big giant "why?". Why
did I get it, is there a reason, is this suppose to lead me somewhere, blah
blah blah. Ok here's the deal for me. As humans we get cancer. We all get
it. We all make cancer cells. Its a matter of if your body is able to
recognize it and kill it like its suppose to do. How many people die with
undetected cancer in their body? How do we know, its undetected but I suspect
its a lot considering that a male that makes it to the age of 80 is pretty
much 100% going to have prostate cancer. (Hey the women have been grabbing their boobs through reading this blog, about time the guys read something that made them grab whats near and dear to them). They are not going to die of it
but, they are going to have it. So on that happy horse shit note, having
cancer, is much like other life experiences in that much of it is what you
make of it. Like life much of dealing with this cancer I don't have much
choice in, but I do have choices. I still have loads of choices about
attitude, humor, how I treat and interact with those around me. I already
knew I had good people in my life, but one of the beautiful things I've
gotten to see through this, is I've gotten to watch those people shine.
Shine with the out pouring of love and compassion.

I don't have wussies for friend or family.

2 comments:

  1. So glad you received the email that inspired you to write this post. Really puts everything into perspective!

    Love you,
    From your fans in Monterey County,

    Auntie E
    and Uncle C. Eastwood ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, its my chemo brain, ativan influenced emotions so I'm sort of shaky on the perspective part. But, its where my head is right now. I guess its pretty much a shit happens perspective!

    Love to you both

    ReplyDelete