Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Elephant in the room

OK I'm going to address the elephant in the room. What does it look like now after surgery? I know you just can't help but wonder and it seems like a trivial thing with such a serious disease but, here's what i got.

The right girl had the cancer and it has always been smaller than the left girl. My surgeon was concerned about this and said it would be even smaller but, I'm already use to it being smaller. So its smaller. If I look at myself straight on in the mirror its obvious that it is smaller but still shaped the same as it was before. My surgeon did some really magical things that I'm still trying to figure out how she did like the girls hang at the same level. Dang I don't think they were that level before surgery. How did she do that?

Also I have discovered something that I never realized before. I see myself naked the majority of the time by looking down. I'm in the shower and I look down, bath tub look down, etc. Its a different perspective than looking straight on and some how my surgeon made them look the same from that perspective. Its the craziest thing but when I look down, I can't tell anything was done. How did she do that?

Also she tucked the incision in on the side and a bit underneath the girl so I can't see it from looking straight on in the mirror and I can't see it when I look down I have to turn sideways and lift my arm and peek at it from an angle in order to see it. Its not easy for me to see.
How did she do that?

She really did take in my perspective on things when she did the surgery. She knew what view I was going to have and she made it a nice view.

The true test of a surgeon for me is how you heal. So far so good. But still healing so final verdict is still out.

Overall I feel very fortunate.

2 comments:

  1. Pam, I am smiling out loud! Definitely wondering how you were feeling about your 'boobs' post-surgery but not the best conversation starter! Glad they look good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. At this point you can pretty much start a conversation with me about oh well pretty much anything!

    ReplyDelete