Monday, August 30, 2010

I'm a Hoarder!!!

Oh Lord I've discovered the awful truth. I'm a hoarder. After staying with my parents, I've come to the realization that I have a lot....OK a ton of crap I don't need or even miss when away from it so, out it is going.

My goal is to go through something everyday and clean it out. It can be a drawer or a whole piece of furniture or a whole closet at most but it can not be a whole room because I've tried that before and it takes a whole day, I get frustrated at some point and say oh forget it so I don't do a good job and then I don't try to get rid of anything else again for long time.

I'm looking at this as my job. It's not something I can shluck off. Yesterday I cleaned out the piece of furniture by my front door that the crab is on. I don't know what you call the thing. I think you are suppose to put silverware in it. Anyway I had 6, I repeat 6 telephone books in there. Who uses telephone books? Gone. A bunch of hardware stuff. I don't even know what it was for and I started off saying to myself "oh you don't know what that is so you better keep it" then I realized that was crazy if I don't know what it is for how am I ever going to use it! Gone. One whole trash bag out to the trash can.

Today it was my dresser. Wow. Another whole bag of stuff and now I'm collecting stuff for a garage sale. Yep. I have never done a garage sale and I didn't think I ever would but I was having trouble getting rid of stuff out of my dresser because well, it good stuff I'm just not using it. So I'm starting a garage sale pile in my garage. We just had the neighborhood garage sale last weekend so it will be another 6 months before the next one. Plenty of time to be all prepared.

Those are my goals.

I've been watching way too much of Clean House!

And no, I'm not getting rid of any of my ukuleles! That's where I draw the line.

No comments:

Post a Comment