Saturday, August 7, 2010

Uneducated Guess

So when I said to my surgeon how can something 1.6cm go undetected on a scan she said well when something has changed this much it can hide. That really didn't compute or make any sense at all at the time but a light bulb came on. I'm guessing here and will confirm when I see my oncologist but I'm thinking if the cancer looks more like normal tissue than cancer then its going to be hard to see on a scan. And I think that's what happened here. The pathologist compared the tumor tissue after chemo to the tissue they had before chemo and one statement said it had markeable changes. The cancer cells were no longer dividing and the nuclei were small and uniform where before it was dividing and the cells weren't uniform.

Well that's my uneducated guess and I'll be getting it confirmed with my oncologist.

No comments:

Post a Comment