Thursday, August 26, 2010

HER2

No news on the HER2 yet. Called on Monday to get an appointment with Dr. Barth for the 3rd week in Sept. That is when he wants to see me (about the middle of radiation). Called again and left another message today with his scheduler. Sometimes it does take her a couple of days as his schedule is crazy and I'm not top priority anymore. It's a good thing that I'm not top priority. I'm off to radiation and we are just waiting for a test result. I can't do anything about what the result of the test is and I don't have much of a choice once we do know what the result is so, I just figure I'll be told eventually. But, knowing right now wouldn't change anything. I'd be doing radiation no matter what and starting it first.

Needle biopsy Do I have cancer? Yes
MRI Is cancer in the lymph nodes? No
Ultra Sound Are we sure cancer is not in lymph nodes? Yes
Petscan Did the cancer spread? No
Oncotype Dx What is the chances of recurrence? High
MRI Did chemo get rid of tumor? Yes
Surgery/Pathology Did chemo really get rid of tumor? No

And now, am I really HER2 negative?

I'll know eventually and then I will share with you. Tomorrow is another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment