Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Amusing the Medical Profession

I love amusing the medical profession because really how often do these people get to be amused. Especially the one's I'm dealing with. They see cancer patients all day long. They see people battling for their lives. How can there be any humor in all that. But, I think humor is important. I think it connects us in a way that says yes this sucks but, we are living here and we just have to find humor. Not making light of cancer but some of the situations you just got to see humorous because the only other option is to see it as tragic and I just refuse to do that.

So there I am talking to Nicole today my physician assistant and she takes a look at my scalp which broke out, but is healing now that the hair has fallen out. She says oh oh you got... oh dear Lord I couldn't even begin to say much less spell whatever she called it. I said yes but, I read its not uncommon and clears up when the hair starts to fall out so I just kept an eye on it and it never looked infected and it didn't hurt and now its clearing up. She said it will go away and it won't flair up again. If it happens, it happens during the first round. And I say well I really want to razor shave my head now because every time a take a bath I feel like a took a bath with the dog there is so much hair floating in the bath tub and its driving me crazy. Ok she actually laughed out loud. Then told me not to razor shave it until my break out completely clears up. I told yea my mom is refusing to do it until it clears up anyway. she said well your mom is right in this case. So I said ok I'll just continue to bathe with the dog for now. Hey two laughs. Two laughs out of someone who deals with people fighting for their lives every day. And I was her last appointment of the day. Well I really hope that she was able to go home feeling good. It just can't be an easy job.

6 comments:

  1. pam, thinking of you and wishing you a "good" session tomorrow. it's good that you know so much and can prepare. I swear if nothing else humor will save your life and make it much more fun! glad things are going well. pysillium husks from trader joe's are good - just add to juice. well, my friend, here's a reiki hug and lots of love and admiration coming to you over the internet. oops! that sounds a bit creepy - love you and wish you well tomorrow. xoxo helen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love in any form or delivery is never creepy! Will be keeping everyone informed here on how things are going. Hopefully all will be quiet on the bowel front!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That type of job must weigh hard on someone's soul. Look at you posting on the Inter-webs!!

    I'm glad you went to the park Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree that it has to weigh hard on someone's soul.

    Yes the park did my soul lots of good. And I got to see Bequi. I was really missing her something bad.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was missing you too Pam! Just like I am now! I'll do some drumming for you tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Drum for me! I will be there in spirit and I will connect with the energy! and I want a full report on the evening!!

    But mostly what I want is for you guys to have a good time. Please do that for me.

    Love you

    ReplyDelete