Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Happy Birthday

Today is my son's 16th Birthday which he is spending at Disneyland with some friends.

16 years ago I was in a hospital and pretty damned miserable after under going a c-section to get the 10 pound boy into the world and he has been worth it all.

He is handling this pretty well although I worry. He wants to know everything that is going on. What is the next plan. When I go back to the doctors. What all the test show. Everything. And so I tell him as unalarming as possible but truthfully.

When I had a stint in the hospital last week he came up with my mom and spent the day.

Well, shit I guess your mother having cancer makes for a memorable 16th birthday.

1 comment:

  1. I love your relationship with Chris and I've learned so much from the both of you.

    ReplyDelete