Saturday, May 22, 2010

Army of Women (my 100 post)

So what's that widget sitting on my blog, Army of Women? Susan Love along with Avon have started it. Trying to recruit one million women with and with out breast cancer to participate in various clinical trials and studies. Some are just surveys and some require body fluid samples. The purpose is not to find a cure or new treatment, but to find the cause. To Find The Cause of breast cancer because only 10% of breast cancer is hereditary which means we don't know what causes it.

If you join the Army of Women you don't sign up for any trials rather you sign up to receive emails telling you about available ones and then you chose if you want to participate or not.

The idea of finding the "cause" of it really makes sense to me.

2 comments:

  1. I am checking this out. I like the concept of find the cause as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If anything the site let's us know what is being done. The efforts being made.

    ReplyDelete