Friday, May 28, 2010

Mask

Took Chris and went and saw Prince of Persia today. We both liked the movie. After we went to Gamestop and Barns and Noble. I donned a mask today to fight germ exposure as I'm still paranoid when venturing out of the house. Interesting experience walking around with a mask on. People walk a wide circle around you and avoid eye contact or they just plain out and out stare but still walk the wide circle around you. Made me chuckle. I wanted to say hey I can't give you anything, its what you can give me that has me wearing the mask! But, decided that the avoidance from others was a good thing. So if wearing the mask keeps potential germ ridden people away from me, then that's good.

Maybe I should just write on the mask "on chemo for breast cancer" and draw one of those pink ribbons on it.

3 comments:

  1. You could start a specialty line of masks for chemo patients! ;) This is causing me to think more about my presumptions of people in public wearing masks. Yet another tolerance lesson in hand!
    How does Chris feel about you wearing a mask when you go out with him?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chris could care less. That boy has this attitude of why would anyone think anything about that. And it pretty much applies to just about everything. To sum it up more clearly he just figures that strangers don't know you so why should they care. Plus he really wanted to see the movie!

    What has been your presumptions of people in public wearing masks? I also figure they had immune problems and didn't want to catch anything from me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man, I love Chris!
    I have been thinking on your question for a bit now, and I believe my presumption most of the time has been that the person donning the mask was a hypochondriac. I have known people so paranoid about other people and germs and being in public that they would wear a mask, and I think I have projected that onto most people I have seen wearing them. Well, I definitely won't be doing that anymore! I love that moment when one's perspective noticeably changes - kind of an a-ha!

    ReplyDelete