Thursday, May 6, 2010

Today

Energy was a bit low today. Need to move my butt tomorrow. Plan on walking and going home for a while. Need to do some stuff at my house and spend some time with my Rosie.

On the chemo front, my hair still hasn't fallen out yet. Head is shaved but what is left should come out too. But, not yet. My scalp has broken out. No one said anything about this happening but there it is on the Internet. Not uncommon but seems to lessen with each treatment. Still have hair everywhere else too. Appetite is back and I seemed to be able to eat whatever now. Had gotten a mild rash around my hip area and back of legs. Felt like prickly heat to touch but it didn't itch or hurt or anything. Just kept it all lotioned up and that also seems to be going away now. Nails are ok. The chemo drugs I'm on can hit them hard but, I'm keeping nails well moisturized too. No mouth sores. I think the other thing that is helping is drinking tons of water. Water is my friend.

3 comments:

  1. So far so good, mostly. Well, even if your hair doesn't fall out you'll still be able to say you've had a mohawk!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad appetite is back! It sounds like your body is doing a great job of holding up. How much water are you drinking a day? I have discovered that if I drink anything less than 80 oz. H20/day my body feels sad (I usually end up drinking 10-12 cups a day). Yes, water is your friend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So far so good mostly is very correct. The mostly part would be the colon cleanse from hell and I'm going to try like crazy not to do that one again. I'm not sure how much water I'm drinking. I go through one of these Brita filter pitchers a day but, I'm not sure how much one holds.

    ReplyDelete