Sunday, May 9, 2010

My hair is falling out!

Last night I developed hairy palms while taking a bath. Yep my hair is falling out. I shout hey my hair is falling out! My mom sympathetically says now don't worry it will grow back. I shout I'm not worried, I'm excited the chemo is working. Its killing my hair! My dad was both glad that its working and sad that the hair is falling out. Well I should say the chemo is working on my hair, hopefully on the cancer as well.

Its not falling out in patches, its just a general thinning all over. But, definitely noticeable. Not ready to razor shave it yet but I'm doing that if it becomes too patchy looking.

4 comments:

  1. How aweful is it for me to be excited that your hair is falling out?
    I guess it's symbolic in a way, all the fuss and trouble you've been through so far and finally a sign that the chemo is "working". Just when you got used to being a fuzz head, now you'll be a baldy!
    Perhaps the breakout was part of it.
    Many hugs and much love Pam!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The break out was definetly part of the hair falling out. From what I have read from others, once the hair falls out the break out calms down and its doesn't break out during the next treatment so much. The break out is calming down now that the hair is falling out. Yea I know seems wrong to be thrilled about hair fall out but, I guess its the only time we can be! Transitioning between fuzz head and baldy isn't too drastic actually. I know what my head looks like. Much easier I think than going from hair to baldy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Pam. I love this blog. It is so informative and witty. The way you write is so strong and personal and fearless. Even though I know the fear is there the way you explain your experience takes the guilt away that I would normally feel for one in your situation and replaces it with a lightheartedness I did not expect. Thanks for that. Also, if bald is a good sign I say yah!!! for baldness.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lavern I'm glad you are enjoying the blog. My goal was to be able to keep a lot of people up to date at once. And to provide them with a way to find out what was going on without feeling like they were intruding. Also to provide information because you never know who this sharing might help.

    ReplyDelete