Sunday, May 2, 2010

Owls, toothbrushes and Dora the Explorer

Needed to get out of the house today. Bad. So Dad and I went over to the park because I wanted to see if I could spot any baby owls. They're there by the way if anyone wants to look. HB Central Park by the Library. They were in the eucalyptus tree not the pine tree this time. Saw one adult and two babies. We then watched some sort of small white bird diving into the pond and getting...something to eat. That was very impressive to watch. He would dive completely under water. Lots of baby ducks in the park too. Flowers in bloom. Yes it was a beautiful spring day.

We then headed over to Walmart so I could get a new toothbrush. The chemo effects your mouth cells as they are fast turning cells. So you have to watch the oral hygiene so you don't get mouth sores. I do a salt water rinse after everything I eat and brush frequently with a very soft toothbrush. Well this morning I went to brush and my toothbrush looks like it was used to scrub the grout out of some tile. Now of course everyone is denying even touching my toothbrush, so either I have toothbrush melting saliva due to the chemo or something happened. So now there I am in Walmart in front of one thousand and one toothbrushes. And they all have some sort of rubber thing to scrub your tongue or cheek or gums and I want just a plain no frills extra soft toothbrush. Enter Dora the Explorer. The only plain, no frills, extra soft toothbrush I could find was a kids toothbrush. And its a double pack. Whoot. I am now the proud owner of a blue themed Dora the Explorer toothbrush and a pink one. And no one, no one better touch my Dora.

1 comment: