Thursday, October 14, 2010

Fordcares.com

Ford cares. About selling cars.

OK so Ford is collecting donations to help with breast cancer research with the donations they collect going to the Susan Komen foundation.

The other night I had the TV on and they had tons of ads on. Go to Fordcares.com. Donate. So I went and bought a warrior t-shirt. I felt I was deserving of a warrior t-shirt and the majority of what I spent was going to the foundation. THEN then after I made my purchase the Ford website asked me to take a survey. How do you feel about Ford? Would you buy a Ford? OK people. Shoot yourself in the foot. We care about breast cancer so now how do you feel about us? We are good? Right because we are supporting a good cause that makes us good and next time you are in the market to buy a car you're going to make it a Ford. Right?

Right now I think Ford sucks in a hypocritical way. Yes I'm glad they are raising a butt load of money. I think the total was over one million dollars. But, the motive. The motive is questionable. Seriously.

I got the last laugh on the bastards. I rated them a 10 on everything. That way they will think this campaign is changing peoples opinion of Ford. They will continue to do charity drives like this one. AND I'll never buy a Ford.

I should add that the bastards had to bribe me to take the survey. I never would have taken it but, if you did they gave you a free silk scarf. I like free so I took the survey and then became an outraged, warrior t-shirt owning, free silk scarf recipient that will never buy a Ford.

3 comments:

  1. So you just validated to Ford's marketing people that its OK to bug people about this shit! I just ran our of words, but I'm outraged, but its Friday and I am worn down by the corporate thing to actually have anger.

    You sent the wrong message. Actually they will most likely (hopefully) throw your data out as it was ALL 10s, they are already on to that game, just like the all 1s. Well the smart non ass licking people are.

    Let's destroy the world in a fury of rock n' roll!!!!! (I'm listening to Johnny Foreigner right now, with drums going crazy!)

    I don't even have the gumption to be smartly outraged.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh do I hate tense and Captchas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes! Yes I did FALSELY validate Fords marketing so they will continue to spend BIG bucks and run ads on prime time TV to get people to donate to the "cause" and feel warm and fuzzy about Ford. BUT I'm not ever going to buy a Ford!

    Rock ON!!

    ReplyDelete