Monday, October 18, 2010

Lupron

So I've been reading about the side effects of lupron and basically scaring the hell out of myself. Although the side effects are ALL menopausal side effects.

So I stopped to look at the side effects of my other option. Ovary removal. AND guess what? The side effects of having your ovaries removed (pre menopausal or peri menopausal) are the same as the luprin.

If you go through menopause naturally guess what? The side effects are the same as the luprin AND ovary removal.

And just what are the POSSIBLE side effects:

Hot flashes
Vaginal dryness
Decreased libido
Head aches
Muscle/Join pain
Mood swings
Weight gain
Bone loss
Water retention

Conclusion:

Menopause Sucks!

And there is no getting around it. Mine is just being forced.

Know a grouchy old woman? Now you know why she is grouchy.

Medical community tried to address these issues with hormone replacement therapy because really who should suffer from these things. But wait, oops hormone replacement therapy increases cancer incidences. No more replacing those hormones. Better to be grouchy than have cancer.

Not everyone has these side effect. Or maybe some but not all. And it is worse for some women than others. Looking towards my mom for possible clues, she had a full hysterectomy at age 35. She had mild hot flashes but nothing severe and that was about it.

Chemo put me into menopause. All I had were hot flashes that were brief. Nothing that horrendous. And now I'm recovering from that. Darn body couldn't you have just stayed in menopause? That was what we were hoping for.

I'm going to do the lupron and not worry about it.

And I will apologize now to everyone if in the future I'm grouchy. At least you will know why.

No comments:

Post a Comment