Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Infusion Day

Today Chris sat with me during my infusion. The kid amazes me. He wanted to sit with me and he watched. He watched the nurse draw blood and set up the IV. Which is done in one shot but, he watches. Hell I don't watch. And he asks questions. Today he asked the nurse just how much blood was she taking out!

There were no cubbies available so we were on chemo row today. Chris likes this as he gets to sit in a chemo chair next to me. Nice big leather reclining chair. In the cubbies I get one of these but the visitor gets a regular uncomfortable chair.

We were situated in front of the scales. So this is what we observed today. Men. Men get on the scales and they are accepting of their weight. Women. Women get on the scales and it doesn't matter what it says they are unhappy. This one woman came in she said I don't want to know my weight so don't tell me. She actually got on the scales backwards! My son leans over and asks me why didn't she just close her eyes. I don't know i guess she didn't want to be tempted to peek. Women need a scales that doesn't state what her weight is but tells her she looks good.

There was a woman in there with her mother. She was getting hydration but she stopped that before it was over and said she was done. They were trying to get her scheduled for a spinal tap and an MRI and she was having no part of it. She wanted to go home. Her doctor came out and said he wanted these things done today. It was a no go. She ended up agreeing with doing them Thursday and Friday. What can I say this all took place right in front of us. I felt for her and although she needed these test I was glad to see someone stand their ground and just say I'm not up to doing all that today.

Now to track side effects. So far nothing. Just sleepy this afternoon which is what I experience the last two times. I'm hoping for a let up with the hay fever symptoms.

No comments:

Post a Comment