Sunday, October 10, 2010

Identity Crisis

I have hair now. But, it is uber short. I still wear my hats when I'm going to be outside to protect myself from the sun. But if I'm indoors, I'm generally hatless. So, I have been in malls or grocery stores, you know those places us humans frequent and I have caught people staring at me. I'm cool with staring. But, I can see mass confusion as they try to figure out by my appearance who I am. I look too healthy to be someone who is sick. Although I think this is their first thought but, they are unsure. I don't have the tattoos or multiple piercings and I can see they wonder if I'm gay but I'm carry a purse and not wearing a fanny pack. So the staring people are just confused. And I am amused. Amused that they are having a difficult time putting a label on who I am other than a woman with uber short salt and pepper hair.

I hope someday everyone who stares has a confused look on their face and is unable to label anyone.

1 comment:

  1. We know who you are and we love you for it!
    I bet most of the women are thinking, "Wow, she looks great with that haircut! Wonder how I would look...."

    ReplyDelete