Thursday, October 7, 2010

Looking at the Map

So where am I? I have 5 rads to the entire breast left and then 8 boosters to the tumor area that will involve about 1/3 of the breast instead of the whole thing. So 5 plus 8 makes 13. After tomorrow done to 12. Getting there.

Tuesday I go for my next herceptin. So what have I learned? Benadryl no dye I tolerate and keeps the hay fever symptoms at bay so I can function. Also they last a few days and then I'm fine.

Energy is low on some days but, I'm contributing that to radiation more than the herceptin.

Time will tell for sure about that.

Sticking to the diet. Crazy sugar cravings have diminished. And my pants are loser so I know I have dropped a little weight. Hopefully just enough to make Dr. Barth happy but truth is I'm afraid to seriously drop weight right now because of the radiation. They have me precisely measured up. I'm talking millimeters here. I don't want to mess that up. So, I have dropped a bit but, I holding off on getting to serious about it until after the 26th. Plus my body is healing right now and I don't want to be starving it. Which lets face it is what happens when you are dieting. He didn't want me losing more than 2 pounds a month anyway. He said more than that would scare him. I'm down two right now so I'm holding that until after the 26th before I start to lose more.

Blister. Blister is holding its own. Hurts. Mother hurts but it has formed a scab and is flat. I think it hurts because it would be like having a burn on your finger that keeps trying to heal but everyday you keep burning it again. Yes I would say that pretty much sums it up. At least it is not worse!

Look on the bright side of life!

No comments:

Post a Comment