Thursday, October 28, 2010

Sewing Pants

I have been remiss in my posting as of late for I have been immersed in making pants. It has been quite the journey. These pants I speak of our for my son. He is going to a Halloween dance Saturday and wanted to go as a character from an anime show.

So I sewed a pair of pants. He came out with said pants on and announced "what did you do?" I looked. Oh my. There is something just so wrong here. Took me a minute and then I realized that there is a reason that pants come with crotches. They don't work so well without then.

Round two. Made a diamond for a crotch. Hmmmm closer but still the kid is walking rather funny.

Round three. I cut the pants from a pair of jean shorts. Because my son owns no pants.
closer but still looks, well kinda waddy in the front. That's still wrong.

Round 4. I buy a pattern. Yes up until then I was winging it. I bought a pattern for pajama bottoms. I also at this point had run out of material. So I had to piece together stuff and well I made pants. Not too bad. But, I'm not happy either. So I go back to the fabric shop with the intent to buy more fabric and just start over. Sigh. They don't have anymore of the fabric.

So these would be the pants we are going with.

And now you know where I have been.

No comments:

Post a Comment