Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Back in tube top again

The tube top from hell that is. Had the second needle biopsy done this morning at 11:30am. Different doctor did this one and he proudly tells me that he uses smaller needles so I won't have much bruising. I just looked at him and said are you going to get enough tissue? He says yes Dr. Barth wanted 2 more cores and I'm going to take 3 so there will be an extra core. I said ok but are you going to get enough tissue because Dr. Barth better be happy. He says yes there will be enough tissue. I don't know, I'm not feeling all warm and fuzzy about this smaller needle bullshit and if there isn't enough tissue taken and I have to go back for more I'm going kamikaze on every one's ass. The results (and I'm not even sure what he is testing for) will be back on Thursday. They didn't even know what he is testing for. The doctor said what are these instructions for pathology and the tech says that is what Dr. Guerra (my surgeon) said to put on there. "whatever Dr. Barth wants and if you don't know call Dr. Barth"? She says yes that's what Dr. Guerra said to put on there so that's what I put. They also put two more marker clips in. They had put one in the middle the first time now I have one on each end of the tumor. That's so they can monitor shrinkage and if the darn thing goes away they will know where the original site was so they can remove it.

I'll will be going to Dr. Barth's tomorrow at 2pm for my chemo 101 class. Ok they didn't call it that but basically its my chemo consultation to go over all the side effects, my drugs, get my prescriptions for my anti nausea meds etc. Looks like I'll be starting chemo on Thursday at 10am. They are finalizing my authorizations from my insurance but, its tentatively scheduled for then. They will be tentatively scheduling my future chemo dates which of course can be altered because that really depends on blood counts if you are ready for the next round, thus the eat well, do not lose weight, plenty of sleep and regular exercise through out this things and really beyond.

Will share what I have learn about chemo tomorrow. Stay tuned valuable info to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment